There’s so much to love about this film from REI. The stories of these women and what they learn from their adventure is relatable and heart felt. The beauty of the trails they travel is captivating. And the thrill of seeing a new type of adventure is always a good thing. I highly recommend watching it!
I haven’t started gravel biking (yet) but after watching this film, I was ready to march right out my door and start pedaling away. I don’t have a bike though, so maybe this summer I’ll consider renting one and checking out what bikepacking on gravel is all about.
If you’d like to explore what it might take to create this type of adventure for yourself, here are some planning tools to check out:
1. You need something to ride.
- Don’t have a bike? Explore the sport by renting for an adventure – check out your local bike rental shops with a google search
2. You need a place to go.
- Bikepacking route used for this movie – Sisters, Oregon is a good basecamp for this adventure
- REI offers up some good advice for
- How To Plan A Bikepacking RouteBikepacking.com has routes to check out all over the world as well as tons of how-to information to get you started
3. Plan out the details of what you’ll carry and how you’ll fuel the adventure.
- This is a good outline of what you’ll need to consider. There are tons of gear lists to be found online.